AVIC411.com

LCD has light waves moving across it...

When my Trailblazer engine is running I get like light vertical waves moving accross the screen, very easy to see on a static image. Kind of looks like the effect you get when a power cord is too close to a monitor. When the engine is off they dissapear. It look horrendous if there is a one color background. Any ideas?

Sounds like electrical noise maybe, if it only happens when the engine is on.

Check all your wiring and make sure it's correct.

Ground the radio to the chassis of the car rather than using the ground in the factory radio harness.

Other than that... I don't know.

Sounds like electrical noise maybe, if it only happens when the engine is on.

Check all your wiring and make sure it's correct.

Ground the radio to the chassis of the car rather than using the ground in the factory radio harness.

Other than that... I don't know.

I haven't grounded it to the chassis. Hopefully that is the issue. I will do that when i get the parking light wire routed through the firewall.

Why do you need to route the parking light wire from the engine bay?

Most cars have an illumination wire in the radio harness...

Or at least you could get it from somewhere inside the car, like maybe the headlight switch?

The illumination wire in the harness does not work. According to some people in the Trailvoy forums the headlight switch will not contain the wire I need as well. Apparently I can either tap into a brown wire under the dash which is very hard to find or a parking light wire. The brown wire is in the middle of a 50 wire harness and there are another 8-10 browns.