AVIC411.com

Z2 Bypass Disc not working

I followed your instructions and burned the iso image to a disc. When i place the disc in my radio and hit map, i dont see a feature that says "Upadate" or anything close. Once the disc is in, It does nothing,it just says "Cd rom disk inserted. Is the disc supposed to update automatically? How long does it take to update? If it is updating, how will i know its working? I did the 2 wire bypass already, just trying to figure out the disc now.

thnx

Hypernite, No there are no files on the disk. Only the ISO image. Now that you mention it, was i supposed to put some junk files on the disk as well?

No, you didn't burn the disc AS AN IMAGE, you just burned the image file. Refer to the stickied thread (40ish pages) if you don't know what i mean.

Hypernite, i burned the ISO image correctly and when i put it in the radio, a screen pop ups that states " Cd rom updated already completed" or something to that effect. I know the 2 wire bypass is absoulutely done corrctly. Is there a difference between Method #1 and Method #2 listed on your Stidky? This is getting ridiculous. Thnx for the help

If the update is already done and you are still unable to watch movies while driving, then you have done the 2-wire bypass wrong. Make sure you moved the wire to correct hole, make sure the pin has seated properly in that hole, and make sure your grounds are solid on that wire and the parking brake wire

Hypernite, i burned the ISO image correctly and when i put it in the radio, a screen pop ups that states " Cd rom updated already completed" or something to that effect. I know the 2 wire bypass is absoulutely done corrctly. Is there a difference between Method #1 and Method #2 listed on your Stidky? This is getting ridiculous. Thnx for the help

Just for clarification, how do i know if the update is working? When i slap the disc in and hit Map, nothing happens. I just get that prompt about the The update already completed. im positive the wire bypass is done correctly, I grounded both wires. When i start up my system, i get a prompt that states" Improper parking break lead detected" im assuming that is from that green wire i grounded.

Just for clarification, how do i know if the update is working? When i slap the disc in and hit Map, nothing happens. I just get that prompt about the The update already completed. im positive the wire bypass is done correctly, I grounded both wires. When i start up my system, i get a prompt that states" Improper parking break lead detected" im assuming that is from that green wire i grounded.

If it says the update is already completed, then the update is "working". If you're getting that improper parking lead, you didn't connect the 2nd wire correctly.