AVIC411.com

AVIC D-3 Install Bracket - Looking For One I Can Tilt

I have a D-3 installed in my motor coach. It works very well overall.

One thing I would like to do is be able to angle the bracket so that the unit points up just a bit - from the flat install it has now.

Reason? It sits lower in the console and I need to look down at it. At it's current angle, it is not as clear a picture as looking straight at it.

The picture below will give you an idea.

2561848750032186888JAtcXV_th.jpg

Thanks

Fairly sure that's gonna have to be something custom made. Not only the bracket that holds the radio, but the trim bezel as well, which will have to cover the bottom part that would be exposed due to the tilting. And you would also have to have enough room underneath for the back to move downwards when you tilt it.

Here's a little schematic!!!

The red/white thing is the bracket(s) you will need, at whatever angle you wanted to mount it at. Shouldn't be too hard. Just cut a couple rectangles of sheet metal, bolt them to the unit, put the unit in at whatever angle you're looking for and scribe the pieces of metal along the backside of the console panel. Then just bent the brackets out at a 90 degree angle along those lines.

The blue thing is the trim bezel, matching the bracket angle and covering the exposed areas of the unit. Who knows how you're gonna make that thing... because I don't.

The green thing is the unit and the grey thing is the console panel, of course.

You'll also need to make sure there's room below the unit for it to drop down in the back, and you're going to have to make the opening in the panel taller to accept the unit at an angle.

Jesus Christ, I'm bored...

avictilt.png

Thanks guys.

I think I can work with the diagram above as I have enough room behind the unit and on top.

I use it for more then radio and navigation. It is also the primary player for the TV in the midwall (the TV is not above the driver in mine).

The D-3 is already installed and works great. Just want a better viewing angle for navigation. Otherwise - it's perfect!