AVIC411.com

Issues w/d3 & gmos06 bose/onstar interface in 02 cadi de

FYI i used the axxess gmos06 bose/onstar interface to instal my d3 to my 02 cadi devlle

i have 5 issues so please bear with me........................

When i used to have my stock nav unit installed, pressing the onstar, emergency, or phone buttons would cause a screen to come up on the nav that would have phone features. (numbers, call, end, directory, etc....)

that said, i bring up my 1st issue-

i noticed today that when i press the onstar, emergency assist, or phone buttons......the Pioneer nav restarts, re-initializes itself, then the "Pioneer" logo comes on, starts up again and launches the nav/av interface as if i turned the car off and started it up again. All sounds stop except the Onstar voice and stuff.

Questions-

Is there any way to avoid that and have the screen stay "as is" when pressing those buttons?

Other weird operations i noticed-

2-sometimes the warning chime you hear when the key is in the ignition, comes on.......when my key isnt even in! Whats up with that?

3-Also i was driving today, like 60+ mph on freeway, when i had to slow down.........i probably went down to about 40 mph. The slow down was not gradual, more like "oh shit traffic is slowing down..." when all of a sudden my unit lost power. i tried pressing any button and still wouldnt turn on. so i had to pull over and restart the car in order for it to turn on again.

hasnt done it anymore, but i wanna know what happened?

4-when any warning chime or beep comes on,(low gas chime, back up chime, etc...) the radio sound from the stero pauses in order for the chime/beep to be audible......it didnt do that with the stock nav. with stock nav, you would hear both stereo and chimes at the same time at normal volume.

5-also, when the stereo is on an sound is audible, if i move the gear shift from where ever it is initially, (park, reverse, drive) the sound lowers significantly and then resumes normal audio level.

Why?

Are the problems im having normal with GMOS06 onstar/ bose interface or did i do something worng?

thanks in advance an i hope you fellas can help

pretty much everything you're describing is glitches in the programming of the interface. The first one is the only one that sounds like you might have a loose connection. I have the os06. I always end up rewiring the car and relocating the stock radio to the trunk to retain offstar and the chimes.

Well..............today the radio turned off/lost power while i was driving three times, and the day isnt even over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came back on after a couple seconds.

This weekend im going to pull that thing out and go over every single part of the install and check every wire connecter for faulty connections. Im also going to connect the mute, brake, back up, and vss as the interface said just to do it by the book.

Im also going to try and hook up the ILL wire directly to the headlight switch wire because currently the map does not go to night mode when my heads are on.

Does anyone know how to go about it on a 02 deville?

Also I hate it that the back up beeps dont come on like they used to. Now you only hear them sometimes, and even then, it cuts off the stereo sound to allow the beeps to come through.

I cant even hear the beeps when i press driver seat settings 1 or 2.

These things are really annoying me man!

If someone has had these problems b4, please help me out. I dont wanna hook up the stock stereo in the trunk either i was told that GMOS06 would work.