AVIC411.com

Just got an N3 for 600.00

I went to circuit city on thursday and appearently the n3's are on clearance for 603.00. i wasnt planning on buying one but i couldnt pass on the deal. My question is what should be done to this thing?? I have already flipped the switch using the paperclip technique and i will ground the parking brake wire before finishing the install. Is there any tips or tricks to prevent theft. Is there any other mods that should be done, I have the xm tuner(no Nav yet), Aux input and will be getting a Ipod adapter soon. Is there any other hacks or something i should be concerned with?? I was also wondering if there is anyway to store the nav disc information in the unit or externally.

Please dont flame me i was hoping there would be a newbie section.

Yes it was clearance, it was an open box, but it was not listed as an open box buy, i guess because it was on clearance. I cant scan the reciept as i dont have a scanner. Only select store have them on clearance as they have discontinued the model and only the stores that have them have it on clearance.

as far as securing the unit, i think im going to take the dash cover off and bolt it into place from behind where it would take at least an hour to remove the unit. Or at least thats the idea.

Oh they did search other stores in the greenville, sc area and a few had like 1 unit left, some were sealed, some were open box. Since mine was already opened it was miissing the dvd's for the navi but the guy said that when they get the n4 in he will give me the disc's out of the N4 they put on display, so i wll just burn the n3 discs for now, or he would refund me an amount that i can buy them, but i think getting the new discs would be better for now.

N4 disks don't work in an N3. They only work in the N4 and D3. You need the CNDV70 disks that are only sold seperately if he can't get you N3 disks

Oh they did search other stores in the greenville, sc area and a few had like 1 unit left, some were sealed, some were open box. Since mine was already opened it was miissing the dvd's for the navi but the guy said that when they get the n4 in he will give me the disc's out of the N4 they put on display, so i wll just burn the n3 discs for now, or he would refund me an amount that i can buy them, but i think getting the new discs would be better for now.

the ticket its wrote out like this

item qty model description tax amount

1SL 1 PIO AVICN3 Installed Mobile Y 603.96

the ticket number on my reicept is 355000572780 if you got a friend at curcuit city

I think everyone should get them at this price, as far as the disks go im gonna try and get an ipod adapter and maybe a camera for the replacement and just burn a copy of the ones i need.

Thanks for the heads up!

Went down to my local circuit city the other day and they had one open box N3 left. The tag on the wall said it was 603.xx so the price was clearly advertised. Since it was open box I asked if I could get a discount and they dropped it down to $490 :shock:

Needless to say, I picked it up. Not only was the unit in EXCELLENT condition but it had all the original parts and accessories (no missing discs! haha).

I'm in the Portland, OR area and asked him to check the other stores. One other store has an open box left on hand but all others have zero stock. If anyone is interested, it was the Clackamas CC who has the last one (off 82nd).

I went back to CC tonight and I got them to give me a free Ipod adapter since they can't get me disks, I tried the whole new disks are 250 thing and they tod me they would give me back what i could buy them off e-bay for. I also had them check other stores in the area and the store in Spartanburg SC still had one, its open box but they said it had all the stuff, they offered to switch out units for me but I already installed it and dont feel like ripping it out to put it back in. Figured I will burn the cndv-70 disk since I already downloaded it from the torrent.

I noticed that the new 70 disks dont upgrade your ipod and xm so if anyone has a 60 disk they could either make a torrent of or send to me so i can program my radio with the upgrades before i put the 70 disk in it would be greatly appriceated, or if someone can burn me a copy of the 60 east disk, i would glady pay for shipping and the disk. I figure someone could help me out since i brought the 600.00 N3 to light.

Or if someone has got an east 60 disk they will never use I would greatly apprieciate it since i cant even set my clock, this sucks balls.

I think the store number in Spartanburg is 1616, but im not positve.

on the 70 disks it says that it does not upgrade the xm or ipod controls, is are they infering that the 70's do have the same "upgrade" as the 60's?? I just want to do this right the first time since you can't go backwards in firmware easily from what i have reading on here.