AVIC411.com

Having some D3 problems/nitpicks PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks for the info HawgPhixer. I have the original book as well as everything else for all the accesories still in my car. I'll have to take a look at that later and show it to the installer.

On another note, I made it their last night like 30 min before closing, but the guy had an emergency he had to go and take care of. So I'll be trying to get this sorted out again today. I'm looking forward to using my Nav this weekend. I got a small trip down to LA and I want to see how accurate it is. Like anything else, you read about all kind of complaints about a particular item and nav accuracy was one of them. I hope it's not to bad as I can get lost much better by myself and have in the past. :oops:

Allright, it's update time. Everything is connected and working fine for the most part. But, how do I know if the pink (VSS) wire was connected correctly? Is there some kind of test or something that I could run to make sure? This way if it's not, I could go back and have him fix it.

The day/nightime thing is working correctly... I think. In the picture, it looks darker, but minds doesn't look as dar for some reason. I can tell that it's not the daytime display though. The lights on my car come on automatically depending on the time of the day and cut off just the same. Could that have something to do with it? When I gave him the instructions on what to do, he said "Oh, I know what that is. It's the illumination wire. I never hook that up". I've heard people say that to many times on this board. We should all band together so that the illumination wire will not be forgotten.

As for the VSS wire, he ended up going under the steering will dash and connecting it to a blue wire. He told me that it was connected to the transmission or something like that. Can remeber exactly what it was he said though. I really should have been paying more attention. But he and I couldn't find any brown wires like the instructions said. Any advice on whats going on here?

This is on page 68 of the owners manual: In the Navi Menu, Settings, Hardware Info, 3D Calibration. This field has the total # of pulses detected since the unit was installed/reset or in your case, hooked up. Numbers here mean your wire is connected correctly and reading vehicle movement.

Also in Hardware Info is Connection Status. This will show the speed pulse based on vehicle movement.

Hope this helps.