AVIC411.com

Expanded partition but 26% left??

? I believe I saw some others posted they expanded it to 50 gigs aswell...

So does that mean its 50 gigs on that partition but the avic only thinks there is 35? Or does it mean I am screwed and I have to re-do the partition......

Nope, the Z1/2 just does not see that partition correctly. However, I have not experienced any problem thus far.

Would you be so kind as to tell the rest of us how you expanded this and that program you used. I have everything done except making the partition bigger.

I'd like to know as well....I figured thy know something I don't, cause from what I could tell, there is no way to exspand FAT32 partitions that are sandwiched between two other partitions.

Instead I backed up the last two partitions, deleted them, then created new ones with the right size....Then I drug everything back over. The only problem I had with that, was that any OS, other than Win98, would only allow 32gigs for a Fat partition....So I made MSV 32gigs, and let USER have the rest....

I used diskpart.exe to do everything, cept I used DiskManager to assign drive letters and name the volume....

Would you be so kind as to tell the rest of us how you expanded this and that program you used. I have everything done except making the partition bigger.

I'd like to know as well....I figured thy know something I don't, cause from what I could tell, there is no way to exspand FAT32 partitions that are sandwiched between two other partitions.

Instead I backed up the last two partitions, deleted them, then created new ones with the right size....Then I drug everything back over. The only problem I had with that, was that any OS, other than Win98, would only allow 32gigs for a Fat partition....So I made MSV 32gigs, and let USER have the rest....

I used diskpart.exe to do everything, cept I used DiskManager to assign drive letters and name the volume....

Acronis Disk Director is a fabolous program. It allows you to take from unused space anywhere on the disk and add it to the partition of your choice. All from within Windows (including Vista). Unfortunately the trial version is too limited for this project but Acronis is easily worth the 50 bucks and a must have program for me.

• 2 weeks later...