AVIC411.com

What's Better, AVIC-N3, or AVIC-N4?

I know it sounds silly, ofcourse the N4 would be better, its a later model!

But according to the Pioneer website, the N4 has a smaller screen (6.5" to the N3's 7") and lacks some serious functionality.

On the Pioneer site, it says that the N4 retails for $1,600, and the N3 for $1,800 - which makes me think I am getting more stuff in the N3...

On the product comparison page, you can check out some serious diffrences:

N4 has customizable background images, the N3 does not

but then it says you can upload pictures to the N3, but not the N4

N4 has 12 million POI, the N3 only 11 million

the N3 doesn't support WMA, AAC or DIVX files, the N4 does

The N3 doesn't have aux inputs, the N4 does.

So whats the deal? The N3 is more expensive, with a bigger screen, but lacks some important functionality.

I had an N2, but a local gang stole it from my car as an 'initiation'. Anyone want to to join a Vigilante gang in Bethelhem, PA?

N4 is better. Its a 2007 model which means the maps are more current, has a bigger screen, plays all the stuff you mentioned, has a FAR better ipod interface, works with the USB adaptor, better Sirius display, etc.

The N3 is older which is why the price is listed as higher. Electronics come down in price as technology improves. The N3 was awesome when it came out like a year and a half ago, but the N4 functions much better