AVIC411.com

Avic N3 Night time map

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have had the same problem in my 99 Grand Cherokee. My installer got lazy and did not connect the illumination wire to enable the night map mode (daytime mode = bright background at night/ night time mode = dark back ground at night) You will also have to enable the nightmode in the settings menue. He also did not connect the VSS wire! With that said I did the rest of the install myself whith the help of the forum. People wonder why we hate car audio installers? Its because they get lazy and take short cuts thinking the informed consumer will never know. This is the reason why we need to support this forum...

now that i think of it... i believe they tried to bypass it for me by grounding the wire to the parking break and even gave me a nice little switch to turn on the features but shortly after i start driving they cut off again.. i think they forgot to flip the switch on the unit

quick question... they put my ipod adapter under my seat the cd-ib100?? or whatever and i noticed it has the three audio video hookups and does that mean i can plug something in there and control it through the n3? like get a power convertor and plug my xbox into it or somethingg??

• 1 month later...
okay nvm... what i thought was my cd-ib100 ipod adapter is actually my hide away unit. so can i just plug anything into it where it says audio video input and have it work? or do i have to buy output plugs that go to the main unit?

Yes, you an connect anything to it.

No extra plugs are required between the head unit and hide away box.