AVIC411.com

Hello

I want to know how to convince the installer to do the Bypass for me.

When I asked the sales person , when i was setting up the appointment he said it cant be done for legal purposes.

Obviously money is one way.

how else do you get around this other than doing it yourself. or taking it elsewere.

thanks

Some installers just won't do it, plain and simple. They don't want to be held accountable if you wreck or something while watching a movie or screwing around with the nav because they bypassed a security feature. So you'll either have to do it yourself (which is pretty easy IMO) or find a different installer who will.

Last question.

I am Having the Avic D3 and The BTB-200 installed soon. I cant stand looking at thes parts on my shelf waiting to go into my car.

if i do the Bypass Will that eliminate any features for nav or phone or anything.

I have read alot about how to do it and what it gives you.

But does it take away anything.

thanks

Last question.

if i do the Bypass Will that eliminate any features for nav or phone or anything.

thanks

No, I have the BTB-200 and a by-passed D3 and everything works great.

Ditto. I have the D3 with bypass, self installed, and the BTB-200 and an i-Pod and everything works well together. Just do the install yourself. If you get the wiring harness and a dash kit from Crutchfield or somewhere like that the install is super easy. I had my D3, BTB-200, i-Pod installed, all the cabling routed and hidden and car back together inside an hour. Hell, I think I sat at the kitchen counter connecting the wiring harness to the D3, and moving the Mute wire longer than I spent in the car doing the install.