AVIC411.com

Z2 Splash Screen Overlay remove?

Having done the Z2 upgrade, I now want to remove that overlay from the custom opening splash screen.

Replacing my CDburner in the Desktop with the new 80gigToshiba Z2 HDD now results in my machine not booting up. Post stops at a blinking cursor.

It worked fine for restoring the Z2 image to this drive.

Security was successfully removed from this drive.

Any thoughts on how to get back in to do the splash screen update? :oops:

Maybe try to move the drive to the connector closet to the MoBo...Or use a jumper to make it slave. Also make sure that in BIOS, you have that IDE channel set to Auto.

Are you sure that you disabled the lock? Did you verify that it was removed as per the instructions?

otherwise, you could get the USB connector for it, it's way more convenient than opening your box up.

Went to Plan "B":

Put the drive in an external hdd enclosure with USB connection and all is working fine.

I want to see if I can Replace the Overlay files (CPYCustom.bmp and CPYdefault.bmp) with my own overlay files of that same name. These include the license plate number in small letters in a corner.

I figure if it gets stolen too, then the guy buying the stolen unit will know who it belongs to. :wink:

Is he going to contact me? Probably not.

...But he'll have a hard time removing the screen or explaining it. :lol:

Went to Plan "B":

Put the drive in an external hdd enclosure with USB connection and all is working fine.

I want to see if I can Replace the Overlay files (CPYCustom.bmp and CPYdefault.bmp) with my own overlay files of that same name. These include the license plate number in small letters in a corner.

I figure if it gets stolen too, then the guy buying the stolen unit will know who it belongs to. :wink:

this sounds like a pretty good idea..please post your results! thanks!

Went to Plan "B":

this sounds like a pretty good idea..please post your results! thanks!

You should replace it with text that says "LoJack Tracking..." lol.