AVIC411.com

z2 firmware update from pione the same as the bypass update?

i could'nt fine anything about this so if there a tipic out there already about this Question sorry for asking and could you post a link to it please .

my question is : in the pioneer firmware update for the Avic-Z2 the same as the bypass up date my z2 is may of 2007 and i have bypassed it already but i just wondering if its the same software and info would be greatfull..

also wonder after bypass the z2 and when the radio first starts up i get a message that says something like check parking break and i forget the other window but it allows me to just press ok and its gone untill i shut donw the car and then the radio boots back up them i have to press ok again ...is there anyway around that so that i dont have to do that each time i get into the car and radio boots up again thank you everyone take care leo

when you say i might have little memory loss do mean to the music that might be stored into it already ? but if you guys say it should or will get rid of the two pop ups windows during start up ill try it thanks

i have found in pioneer web site the firmware update for the freezing issuses but i also found a firmware update also that talks about updateing the avic-z2 mapping and data in the drive but if the avic-z2 is this years model why update ? unless there putting out there for people to find out on there own that it is the BYPASS update but there just not able to say it out str8 to the public just my thought and input on this ?

ill try pushing the reset button and see what happens and hope bypass is still there thanks guys

ok i pressed the rest button and it did get rid of the message saying check parking break thanks everyone for your help but i still have this one that show up is there anyway to get rid of this one ? in not its cool getting rid of one is better than nothing ill try to post a pic of what the other message says when booting up ..

i have a new question when i go to the menu button and then clicl on MAP and to the far right theres a box you can click on that says MAP LEGEND this its allows you to choose DAY/NIGHT for color display i want all to say on night but cant get them to say on night cause have going back to the nenu button again and then go back to MAP LEGEND there back on DAY again is there a way to make them say on night ? thanks again evertone take care leo

P.S. here is the pic of what pop's up on my screen when booting up SORRYTHAT PIC IS SO BIG !

1127071908.jpg

if i get it to stay on night would the colors on the mapping look like this ? like mapping on the box cover. so all i would have to do is wire the illumination wire to 12 volts that would make it look like the pictures below and if i did that would it also change NAV screens along with other features on the radio ? cause i like the color of this mapping thanks again everyone for your help .leo

avic-z2.jpg

^^^ That is day mode.

Your screen shot above with the warning in the forground is night mode.

If you want it to stay color like above, disconnect the illumination wire.

And Hyperite, I think mine is gray all the time. I dont remember seeing black warning screen. June -07 unit.