AVIC411.com

CNDV-70MTP Burned Results and Image BG Hack for Avic-D2

So I have successfully burned the East and West discs.

I used Memorex Dual Layer media and Alchol 120 for the burns.

Now here's the thing. East for some reason burned just fine, but West did not.

Same procedure on both burns, but when I tried using the West DVD the unit did work, but I was unable to enter addresses as if the parking brake was disengaged.

I thought it might have been the same issue with the Z1 when the firmware update caused the bypass to no longer work (I have done the bypass on my Avic D2) but that was not the case since the East disc works perfectly.

After many hours of trial and error and three discs later I finally completed a successful burn.

The way I did it was to use the slowest speed for the burn. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6000 with the dual layer burner. The burner is capable of, I believe 3x speed write. But I used the slowest speed in Alcohol (2x) and it worked.

So that's that.

Onto the background image...

I went through several posts here about what programs to use etc. etc.

------------PIM----------

Make sure you use jefbarn's PIM java program.

(Thanks jefbarn :) )

The other programs work, but they create PIMs that don't look correct and are transparent in some areas... jefbarn's PIM program works like a dream:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=pim

----------ISO Editor-----------

Just download ISO Commander. Don't bother with ANY other program. I downloaded ISO Buster, Magic ISO... etc. etc. none of them work as well as ISO Commander.

ISO Buster has no editing capability so it's fairly worthless for this pursuit.

Magic ISO does but it doesn't show the files correctly.

ISO Commander works like a charm. Opens the files correctly, edits and creates an ISO that you can use Alcohol 120 to burn with.

-----------------------

So that's it. Anyone have any questions let me know. This was a bear because I thought that if I had a bad burn the disc would simply not work and wouldn't do the firmware update etc.

The West disc was a bad burn but it DID do the firmware update perfectly and I got no errors. The only thing that did not work (pretty big thing actually) is I couldn't enter addresses.

Good luck and thanks to everyone on this board you guys are great!