AVIC411.com

D3 Problems  

16 members have voted

1. 1. D3 Problems

• I love my D3, The Navigation is dead on
    • My D3's Navigation sometimes is slightly off
    • My D3's Navigation sucks
    • My D3's Navigation sucks, but I DO NOT have my VSS wire hooked up

I've owned lots of navigation units over the years, starting with a Navman ICN 630. In general I've been pretty pleased with most of them. They mostly do a pretty good job of getting you to your destination, even if the route isn't always the exact same on you would have chosen. The only one I did not like was the Destinator software package that was included on a PDA unit I bought once. It was so awful that I felt like throwing it out the window on several occasions. My wife hates GPS units since that experience (even though she uses my old Navman regularly). Once I upgraded that PDA to TomTom software it was great, BTW.

The AVIC D3 also has decent navigation, as far as I've been able to experience. Now my D3 is in my sports car, so I haven't done any perticularly long or complicated trips in it, but I do use the navigation from time to time, and I'd have no problem relying on it to get me to my destination. Really, the D3 is a magnificent little package for the money.