AVIC411.com

HDTV Tuner

Ive searched and only found HD Radio threads so dont beat me if I missed it somewhere else.

Has any tv tuner company come out with an HDTV tuner yet?

I know you cant connect HD video signals to the Pioneer screen

but standard Video on an Aux Video input would do. Then just tune into

the local OTA HDTV weather channel that all of the local stations carry.

Ffor 2yrs Ive had a 7in LCD Touch screen connected to a laptop under the back seat with Verizon evdo broadband. Its great to be able to download NOAA radar loops for bad weather in the state of Texas but Im looking to phase out the laptop totally.

Its a long shot but just wondering.

UR NOT THE FIRST PERSON TO ASK ME THIS! i usually just laugh and say how stupid it is to want "high def" on a 7 inch screen! lol

no company has announced an hdtv tv tuner. im sure one day it will be a reality. but considering pioneer doesnt even make tv tuners anymore i cant be for sure about that.

so i take it ur a storm chaser?

UR NOT THE FIRST PERSON TO ASK ME THIS! i usually just laugh and say how stupid it is to want "high def" on a 7 inch screen! lol

no company has announced an hdtv tv tuner. im sure one day it will be a reality. but considering pioneer doesnt even make tv tuners anymore i cant be for sure about that.

so i take it ur a storm chaser?

Nah..If I were Id have alot more toys that a HDTV rig.

Weather is freaky sometimes in Dallas / FT Worth area and with some travel to the south Its nice to know what your heading into at times. Already been caught in a tornado zone just this yr.

Just be something nice to have..screen wouldnt be HD but the source would