AVIC411.com

W4500-NEX Bricked?

Wife recently got the software error screen on the AVH-W4500NEX that came in her car. Ordered an SD card from ebay seller, no longer got the software error, but unit shuts off after the loading screen, won’t start again unless the reset button is pressed or if car is powered off and on again. Anyone experienced this issue? No wiring was changed, and there’s currently an avh-2550NEX in the car working fine with the same wiring until I get this fixed. Any ideas or tips, searched the forum, reddit, and googled around and couldn’t find a solution. Tried using the image from http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/90861-fix-sdcard-failed-software-error-on-your-w4500nex-look-here/ as well but no luck.

31 minutes ago, Datsun said:

Yes, I read through that thread a few times as the main guide, but instead purchasing the image from ebay, I’ve also tried the image posted from slackwaredragon’s starting post in that thread. It ends up the same regardless of the one used. Do you have the image you made from the pacparts sd card? And would you be willing to share it? I’ve tried a few images from a few sources so I’m beginning to wonder if it’s a hardware issue. But anything helps.

3 hours ago, J_walkman said:

Wife recently got the software error screen on the AVH-W4500NEX that came in her car. Ordered an SD card from ebay seller, no longer got the software error, but unit shuts off after the loading screen, won’t start again unless the reset button is pressed or if car is powered off and on again. Anyone experienced this issue? No wiring was changed, and there’s currently an avh-2550NEX in the car working fine with the same wiring until I get this fixed. Any ideas or tips, searched the forum, reddit, and googled around and couldn’t find a solution. Tried using the image from http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/90861-fix-sdcard-failed-software-error-on-your-w4500nex-look-here/ as well but no luck.

Solved! Must have had a ribbon cable loose or something, took it all apart and reseated everything and it works now.