AVIC411.com

Poor Routing

Why does the Z1/Z2 Navigation suck. I'm almost to the point of not wanting to rely on it for trying to find a location. Everytime i try to get to a destination it says i have arrived and my destination is still a block or 2 away and it leave me looking for it. I called pioneer and i got the standard BS about making sure the maps were up to date blah blah blah. The map is up to date its their poor routing software. Just ranting here btu today i typed in a supermarket and it told me to make a uturn and it was across the street. I'm seriously considering buying another system with better routing capabilities.

yeah, it wont matter if you have up to date maps. The Z1/Z2 will still ring about 200-300gt before your actual destination, which is fine for big palces, but for residential areas, it gets pretty annoying.

I have tried many garmin units and they tend to be right on when it come to navigation. They may not look as nice, or have all the functionality, but they do navigate pretty well.