AVIC411.com

Questions about AVIC N2

ok I went ahead and bought the AVIC N2. Only problem is it has no disc with it. What would happen if after i install the unit i turn it on but have no disc for it. Will it work except for the navigation? It may have been rebuilt from the factory so it is possible at some point it already had a disc installed, how do i check this. Thanks
Yes, it will work except for the nav

[quote name="executioner"]ok I went ahead and bought the AVIC N2. Only problem is it has no disc with it. What would happen if after i install the unit i turn it on but have no disc for it. Will it work except for the navigation? It may have been rebuilt from the factory so it is possible at some point it already had a disc installed, how do i check this. Thanks[/quote]
Thanks. I did get it installed the only problem I have so far is it wont play dvds. I hooked up the parking brake the way it said and i even tried the bypass but both ways it says the parking brake is ont properly attached and only plays audio with a black screen. Any thoughts on this?
[quote name="executioner"]Thanks. I did get it installed the only problem I have so far is it wont play dvds. I hooked up the parking brake the way it said and i even tried the bypass but both ways it says the parking brake is ont properly attached and only plays audio with a black screen. Any thoughts on this?[/quote]

Just connect the parking brake wire to the ground of the headunit and that will bypass the brake system wire!!!!