AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 VSS 2008 Taurus

Not too sure where you will find this info. The car is very new and no one has really modified one yet. Your best bet is probrably going to be tracing the wire from the VSS sensor on the transmission or maybe you will get lucky and find it in the stock radio harness if you have the speed sensitive volume control feature. One of my cars was like this, and I know a lot of new Fords have this feature.

Maybe do some searching on a Ford 500 message board since the car has a lot in common with the 500. I'm a member of a Taurus message board and have not seen any of the information you are seeking yet, not too many newer Taurus owners there.

Good luck, the Z2 will look great in that car!

Thanks for the info, I contacted the dealership and there is a wire that is located at the radio wire harness in all the new models and hooked it up and it works great, know i have to figure out why the screen does not dim done, other than that it works great. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the info, I contacted the dealership and there is a wire that is located at the radio wire harness in all the new models and hooked it up and it works great, know i have to figure out why the screen does not dim done, other than that it works great. Thanks.

your dealership doesnt know what they are talking about. the new ford lines do not have the vss in the radio harness anymore. they dont have one anywhere. your system is working fine because the pioneer units will work without it. if you go into your connection status screen,you will see that the speed pulse numbers do not change when you drive. that means the vss is not hooked up.