AVIC411.com

Okay, So I purchased all this stuff from Crutchfield and did the bypass and everything correctly. Now I only have the problem of the rear-view camera. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=277650&i=707VTL400&search=boyo&tp=83&tab=detailed_info this is what i got and I connected the video from the camera to the rear-view camera, connected the "power" to the 12 volt battery from the same wire the AVIC D3 harness used, and then grounded the "GND" to the same ground coming from the AVIC D3 harnes as well. And I still have no input for the camera. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again in advance

lorien,

so your camera is on, anytime the radio is on?

do the camera's "wear out" or overheat?

i would assume you would power the camera off your reverse lead, and then the camera is only on when you are in reverse.

and have a switch to supply +12v down that line, if you want to look at something being towed (would turn on back up lites & camera)

LMK, i got the same one, and bought the flex loom to wrap the camera wire in today, gonna install it tomorrrow if i get time.

tks

If you get a decent camera, it should not "wear out." You don't need a switch when you are towing something if you wired it properly. Just go to the map view and select "rear view." It works when you are moving forward as well

lorien,

i would assume you would power the camera off your reverse lead, and then the camera is only on when you are in reverse.

and have a switch to supply +12v down that line, if you want to look at something being towed (would turn on back up lites & camera)

LMK, i got the same one, and bought the flex loom to wrap the camera wire in today, gonna install it tomorrrow if i get time.

tks

yes, this is what happens... I finally managed to hook it up and everything's working. But i'm afraid i might get pulled over while watching a music video or something, so i just put it on rear view camera... but thanks again for all the help.n

If you get a decent camera, it should not "wear out." You don't need a switch when you are towing something if you wired it properly. Just go to the map view and select "rear view." It works when you are moving forward as well

lorien,

tks