AVIC411.com

And I thought it was a possessed car ... possessed Z2 maybe?

Installed the Z2 in a 2007 Dodge SRT8 Charger, all three PAC modules as well, and the car KEPT RUNNING even when I held the keys OUTSIDE of the car. Found out from PAC that's a common mistake, now that's fixed here's the OTHER issues:

EVFERYTIME I get in the car and crank up the unit to about 19 or 20, I get a different sound, I havent adjusted anything between rides, it always sounds different though. I have it hooked up with a Memphis Belle amp, someone told me that those amps "remember" things, who knows. Also, I'm now on my THIRD set of Pioneer 6 x 9 REVs, they are constantly blowing, but when I reinstall the stock speakers, the sound great!!

My question is this, can the Z2 be sending "mixed signals" through the RCA's that causing the change in sound AND the blowing of the rear speakers? Believe it or not, I've also am working on the SECOND Memphis Belle amp .. something tells me this unit is possibly defective?

• 3 weeks later...

Blown speakers are cause from too much distortion. I wouldn't recommend just changing out your speakers every time they blow. Thats like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

As for the whole different sound, it's either the amp can't produce that much power or something is wrong with the wiring. Wire up the speakers to the deck and not the amp and see if it still does it. If it does, then something is wrong with your deck. If not, something is either wrong with your wiring to the amp/speakers or there is something wrong with the amp or your amp settings are set too high. (I hope your not running your stock speakers from the amp...) And... amps don't "remember" things... What is there to remember?

Specs on the amp and speakers and I can probably help you out some more if you need it.