Help.. Z1 now dead (sort of?)

Yesterday I installed a Z1 in a F150.

had everything working great!!

Z1 Installed
XM Installed
Bluetooth Installed
Backup Camera Installed
Ducatiboy Bypass and Sub mods

Got done late went on a short drive loving the new install....

Went to bed... got up early to play...

Now there is no display... only the leds light up...

I have checked all of the wireing and the fuses...

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Here is something to try. Try pressing and holding the V button. Perhaps you accidentally turned off the display???? I know it sounds like a stupid little thing, but after I had first turned it on, I don't remember doing it, but I somehow turned the display off. I am convinced it was a glitch in the system that turned it off, but I pressed and held the V button and the display came back on.

I hope that is all that is required to get yours rolling again.
Well, if you hold the V button down for a few seconds, it shuts off the display. You can simply touch "map" and it comes back on. But I would assume you did that already. I really don't have an answer for you. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the reverse camera?
[quote name="StevenRapp"]Here is something to try. Try pressing and holding the V button. Perhaps you accidentally turned off the display???? I know it sounds like a stupid little thing, but after I had first turned it on, I don't remember doing it, but I somehow turned the display off. I am convinced it was a glitch in the system that turned it off, but I pressed and held the V button and the display came back on.

I hope that is all that is required to get yours rolling again.[/quote]

Holding the V button wouldn't turn mine back on!! Weird! It would turn it off that way, but I had to hit the map button to get the display back.
[quote name="StevenRapp"]Here is something to try. Try pressing and holding the V button. Perhaps you accidentally turned off the display???? I know it sounds like a stupid little thing, but after I had first turned it on, I don't remember doing it, but I somehow turned the display off. I am convinced it was a glitch in the system that turned it off, but I pressed and held the V button and the display came back on.

I hope that is all that is required to get yours rolling again.[/quote]

Thanks... I tried that... no dice... I would assume that if the video was shut off the radio would play after boot...

Ahhhhhh.....

I even plugged the stock HU back in... to ensure that there was no power (fuse / wireing) issues...

Guess I will take to a Pro Shop for a look see....

Aggggghhhhh....
You are correct Aviator. Pressing and holding did not work. Just tapping the V or the map turned the display back on....

As for the person with the problem. Yes, if the display was off the music would still play unless you also turned the audio off. BUT, I would assume that it would be pretty difficult to turn the audio and video off unknowingly. Sorry to hear you are having a problem with yours.
Mine is, sort of, dying. First, it goes through period where it will blow the fuse, then be ok for awhile. Now, it powers up, I see the Pioneer navigation message come up, then it goes to the Pioneer splash screen, and stays there, no map, no music, nothing. I try the reset button several times, nothing, I try restarting the car, nothing, I hit the screen open button, hey, sometimes that works. Wierd problem, not sure if I'm going to have to send it in or not.
[quote name="Chuckzul"]Mine is, sort of, dying. First, it goes through period where it will blow the fuse, then be ok for awhile. Now, it powers up, I see the Pioneer navigation message come up, then it goes to the Pioneer splash screen, and stays there, no map, no music, nothing. I try the reset button several times, nothing, I try restarting the car, nothing, I hit the screen open button, hey, sometimes that works. Wierd problem, not sure if I'm going to have to send it in or not.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the trouble...

Good luck
[quote name="Chuckzul"]Mine is, sort of, dying. First, it goes through period where it will blow the fuse, then be ok for awhile. Now, it powers up, I see the Pioneer navigation message come up, then it goes to the Pioneer splash screen, and stays there, no map, no music, nothing. I try the reset button several times, nothing, I try restarting the car, nothing, I hit the screen open button, hey, sometimes that works. Wierd problem, not sure if I'm going to have to send it in or not.[/quote]

That almost sounds like a hdd problem! The fact that you were blowing fuses would worry me. I would send it in...then check every single part of the install again to make sure I had everything just the way it was supposed to me and a mistake wasn't made there.

Did you buy the unit off one of those low ball price internet sites? If so, you may have diffuculty getting warranty from what I've heard.
[quote name="03Aviator"] [quote name="Chuckzul"]Mine is, sort of, dying. First, it goes through period where it will blow the fuse, then be ok for awhile. Now, it powers up, I see the Pioneer navigation message come up, then it goes to the Pioneer splash screen, and stays there, no map, no music, nothing. I try the reset button several times, nothing, I try restarting the car, nothing, I hit the screen open button, hey, sometimes that works. Wierd problem, not sure if I'm going to have to send it in or not.[/quote]

That almost sounds like a hdd problem! The fact that you were blowing fuses would worry me. I would send it in...then check every single part of the install again to make sure I had everything just the way it was supposed to me and a mistake wasn't made there.

Did you buy the unit off one of those low ball price internet sites? If so, you may have diffuculty getting warranty from what I've heard.[/quote]

Funny thing is the problem only manifests itself when it is hot, so I'm thinking there is some thermal issue (expanding platters, heads), so I am not convinced the hard drive, per se, is defective, more likely the environment it is placed in is not condusive for optimal operation. I've double checked all the electrical connections and redid my ILL wire which had worked itself loose. As far as the warranty is concerned, if a warranty card is included and you register the unit, they have to, honor it.