AVIC411.com

My d3 gps all of a sudden isn't working correctly. The red arrow that represents my car is at a 90 degree angle from the way I am really going. So it looks like the arrow on the screen is sliding sideways down the road I am driving on. I will attach a picture. Any ideas? Its driving me nuts!

post-12825-12872753420729_thumb.jpg

I have been dealing with that since I got the D3. I have attached a photo. I was driving southbound on I-5 not in North/South mode. If it were in N/S mode the arrow would be pointing to the left as it travels down I-5. In the photo I am traveling from right to left (it should be up) and my arrow is 90 deg. to the right, pointing up. Whenever an upcoming road that touches the road I am currently traveling on comes up my arrow tries to follow that until I am about 1/4 mile away and then the arrow jumps to my real location. I have adjusted my current location several times to orient the arrow correctly. It works for only a while and then the "tilt" returns. I also have good reception and it does not matter what the map orientation is. This also annoys me to no end. What's the deal?

post-14294-12872753424559_thumb.jpg

dto650, I fixed mine. I had the unit replaced. Fortunately I bought it and had it installed at Car Toys on a credit card and was still within my 30 day return period. But I saw a post that might have some promise. I am curious though. Did you get just the D3 or the D3X with the BTB200 and iPod connector?

Here is the link to the post that may or may not help. I was going to follow the advice but replacing the unit has worked.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11931

Let everybody know if this works as I am sure more experience this problem.

Cheers.