I noticed the website used to say Coming Soon, it no longer reads that way!
I noticed the website used to say Coming Soon, it no longer reads that way!
I was told by Pioneer that my product will ship in August of this year, but had no real schedule time of shipment, I was willing to wait because of this, I made my order on July 03 of this year over the phone because of it. It is August 3rd now and I still been getting the same information I was getting a month back.
Last I looked it's still August and there are 4 more weeks left in it.
+1 Whiny babies are whiny.
Got a customer service email today saying:
"You can order the software online Part# CNSD-100FM.
We also have a firmware we can send you. Please contact our Parts Department at 800 228-7221."
Called the parts person said the CNSD-100FM was maps and cost $100. I didn't order that. Hope my 2.0 or 2.6 maps work.
So I ordered the firmware. That's free. It's on backorder said the parts person. Didn't think to ask the version #.
Background:
A week ago, I downloaded the Pioneer site 2.6 upgrade after my F700bt was starting to have minor issues with BT.
After that it does it thing, gets to the Pioneer screen, then turns off.
Called tech support, they said something about pulling the unit and sending it in to get the firmware serviced.
Also ordered the "new upgrade." Didn't ask what version.
Over in the troubleshooting got help. Still working through their fix.
Had a previous OEM navigation unit in my Vibe but it never gave me a problem nor did it require updates.
Curious if anyone knows what version the free firmware is and if it differs from the download.
Sounds of silence...
The problem you are having sounds similar to one I was just having. Turns out, the backup camera option was turned mysteriously from OFF to ON (I don't have a backup camera). I turned it back to OFF and it doesn't go black anymore. I had another unit go black which required a completely different fix. The main difference I could tell between the 2 problems is that in the first one I described the radio comes on with a black screen. With the other problem, no radio, just pioneer logo then a dead unit.
Make: F700BT
Order Date: 7/3/09
Shipped: 8/7/09
weird my order date changed from 7/1/09 to 8/7/09. Maybe it will be shipping out soon. Status is still "awaiting shipment"
Ordered on 7/4 ... status says it shipped today 8/7.
Ordered on 7/23/2009 for my F900BT, still awaiting shipment. They must be processing these in the sequence they were ordered in.
Product Description Ordered
Qty Price
Shipping Status Qty Tracking Number
CNSD-100FM
MAP update- AVIC-F90BT,-F900BT,-F700BT 1 $60.00
Shipped: 08/07/2009 1
product AVIC-700bt
ordered on 7/3/2009
shipped 8/7/2009
Looks as if a bunch of these went out today
700bt .
Still awaiting shipment. ![]()
CNSD-100FM
MAP update- AVIC-F90BT,-F900BT,-F700BT 1 $60.00
Shipped: 08/07/2009 1
Ordered on 7/4/09
Shipped 8/7/09
I used 2 day service for shipping so I should get it no later than Tues. No tracking info yet though.
Shipped: 08/07/2009
So if you go to the website, they now offer a "special" promotional price of $79 US.
Ordered 7/18 so if sequential expect another week to hear from them, thats not right! we should expect version 4.0 ![]()
did anyone have to re-register their unit?
Ordered mine 7.1.09, it shipped today.
Total after shipping was 68 Dollars US.
right, like they expect to get $79 for me.
Hell yeah, its like christmas!! Man am I a loser!!
Ordered on 7/4, shipped 8/7. 2 day shipping. I will let you all know when I get it!
I called about it today. Was told that it would ship this month after they come in. Status updated after my call to show it shipped.
right, like they expect to get $79 for me.
Its still $60 once you place it in the basket.
Ordered 7/6
Awaiting Shipment
Ordered 7/1. Shipped 8/7.
Now its back to the hack threads iguess.
ordered back when the update was on special for $68
they charged my cc yesterday so hopefully it'll get here soon
FANTASTIC MORNING!
For F90BT.
Order Summary
Order no. Order date Status
5030683 07/02/2009 Shipped
I'm excited. More than I should be for firmware but you all know.... ![]()
Just got done ordering the 3.0 update. I noticed on the Pioneer site that the discounted price is up to $79, but when I added it to the shopping cart, it showed up as $60. I went ahead and bought it because I didn't want to miss out. I was going to wait until there were some reviews posted of others that had done the upgrade, but it looks like the wait may have ended up costing me money. I guess I'll have to be one of the reviewers now.
Update:
I went to Pioneers site today and added the 3.0 update to my cart just for sh@ts & giggles. It is now up to $79 in the cart, but Crutchfield is still offering it for $59.99... Go figure. I'm glad I made the purchase when I did. I saved $19 already.