AVIC411.com

after update to 70MTP, cannot make searches

Hi, I just did update for my Avic-N2 from 50MTP to 70MTP(piratebay copy) everythings is working fine, even the soft is a bit smoother, but what really get me that I've got no POI or even the SEARCH button is Grey, I just cannot make any searches what so ever, is there something that I'm missing or the soft could be damaged ?

Thanx for your help

Merry Xmas to all of ya :D

Hmmm. I would guess bad burn then, but not positive

yea i had that problem too. The POI search wouldn't work in my home state, i would type in a search and it would just take me back to the map without doing anything. But when i traveled to a different region the searches worked fine. I would try reburning the disks one speed slower than the burner is rated (i.e. if you have an 8x burner, try burning at 4x)

oh yea i have an N1 upgraded to an N3 with the chip

I have an AVIC N3 and did the same thing. It wouldn't let me search no matter what condition the car was in (parking brake, stopped, etc). Everything else worked (radio, ipod). I thought it might have been a bad burn, but I tried it again with two new higher quality (ie more expensive) dl dvds and produced the same results. So, I ended up flashing it back to the original 60m disk. Everything works as it did before.

If it helps, I bypassed using the switch on the brain.

thats exactly my problem, I was not able to do a search whats so ever, everything else worked fine, just the search button was always gray, I still wonder why. I had to swich back to my original DVD 50, now I'm experiencing some problems like Calculation is not possible etc, i have to set 3 - 4 times the same destination to get it work, and its a original DVD. I did reset everyhting, but now I just dont get it why I'm experiencing such problems with it.

When I tried to insert my original 60m disk back in, it said it was not a valid dvd. so then I had to flash the entire unit. I used instructions given in the forums.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =test+back

Other than resetting the presets and settings, it now works as it did before the 'upgrade'.

I did that too, everything was erased then I inserted the original CD, but now I'm experiencing those strange dificulties

• 1 month later...

I want to bump up this topic. I am having the same trouble with my N3. At first, the POI and Phone Search functions were gray. Then, I was not able to calculate any routes. Then, I tried using the 05 discs (I have the 06 discs), then it said Inappropriate Disc. Now, even when I use the 06 disc again it says "In appropriate disc" only the radio works, navigation screen does not even come when I press the buttons on the unit. Will using the 07 discs fix this do you think?

I want to bump up this topic. I am having the same trouble with my N3. At first, the POI and Phone Search functions were gray. Then, I was not able to calculate any routes. Then, I tried using the 05 discs (I have the 06 discs), then it said Inappropriate Disc. Now, even when I use the 06 disc again it says "In appropriate disc" only the radio works, navigation screen does not even come when I press the buttons on the unit. Will using the 07 discs fix this do you think?

you have to do factory reset of the unit, and go into the bios of the N3 to be able to downgrade the software, I did that for my N2 it worked well, with a minor dificulties, that I never experienced before. The idea is to replace the software of the system to the older one, u may use the your 06

I've wasted several DVD's trying to make a disk from this torrent and this is what I had to do to finally get the seach and POI's working.

1. Save the torrent file in a folder only one level from your root drive (C:\)

ie - C:\Software\PIONEER_CNDV_70MTP_WEST

2. Extract file in the same folder using WinRaR only

3. Burn your Dual Layer DVD using the latest update of Alcohol 120% at the slowest speed possible.

Also the Verbatim DVD+R DL seems to be the only disk I can get the burn to work correctly on as well. I have no idea why, but I am thinking for some reason it's the only brand the head unit is able to read both layers correctly from. I've checked the other brand's of dual layer disk I've used and they were all perfectly intact, however they only half ass work in the head unit as if the second layer is not there. Maybe it's the Verbatim's cool purple disk color? I got no idea...

Anyways so my conclusion is that it either it's the laser in the N series head unit that's not reading the disk, or the DVD decoding hardware/software not reading the other brands of burnt disk, I'm not 100% sure.

The only thing I am 100% sure of, is that Pioneer would rather you spend the $250.00 for the upgrade disk from them.

you have to do factory reset of the unit, and go into the bios of the N3 to be able to downgrade the software, I did that for my N2 it worked well, with a minor dificulties, that I never experienced before. The idea is to replace the software of the system to the older one, u may use the your 06

Thanks very much for the response. I'm going to do a search of "Factory Reset N3". Do you know if the process for the N3 is the same as the N2? the reason I ask is because i was reading some instructions for the N2 and the first step was to hold the "reset" and "eject" button together. I dont have the unit in front of me, but I dont remember there being an accessible "reset" button along with the "eject" button. nevertheless, youve pointed me on the right track and Im going to keep going.

Thanks very much for the response. I'm going to do a search of "Factory Reset N3". Do you know if the process for the N3 is the same as the N2? the reason I ask is because i was reading some instructions for the N2 and the first step was to hold the "reset" and "eject" button together. I dont have the unit in front of me, but I dont remember there being an accessible "reset" button along with the "eject" button. nevertheless, youve pointed me on the right track and Im going to keep going.

for the first time i had also hard time to find some of the buttons, the reset should be a small button on front of head unit that u can only press with a tip of pen or something like that, its not a regular button, the rest as I remember was the enter button witch is the pressing the NAV joystick

Hey, I ran through the "factory reset" option and everything seemed to work ok. I decided to install the 05 software just to be safe for now. I restarted the system and everything *seemed* to work ok. When I hit the NAVI buttons, it would say "InAppropriate Disc" and then when I went back to the radio screen and hit "source off" I got a screen saying there was an error with the unit and I should turn the power on and off.

I followed all the instructions to a T but what I'm going to do is try loading the 06 software on there, maybe that will help. Before i did the "hard reset" everything bt navi was working, IE, it was playing CDs and playing DVDs perfectly.

haha, right now i have a REALLY expensive cd player in the car, haha!