AVIC411.com

Ipod to Avic-n1 No idea what i am doing...

Hello,

I went to Best Buy today for some help and the gentleman there could help me find the bathroom let alone what I was looking for.

I want to be able to connect my Ipod preferably with the 60pin connector but I will settle for the headphone jack if I have to. I don't care if I can control the Ipod from the radio. I just bough this car and it came with this stereo and I am not familiar with it at all.

The stereo has sirius satellite connect to it and also the TV tuner. It also is able to play DVDS while in drive. I don't know if you need any of that information or not. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

if you have the n1 you can use the ipod interface cd-Ib100UII, but you wont have control from the ipod. You will only be able to use track forward and back from the n1. And it will only show IPOD001..IPOD002...IPOD003 and so on. jus get the p-bus to rca and use the mini jack connecter. If you want it to charge the ipod, Best buy sells a piece that will plug into the p-bus and give you the ipod plug, you just have to hook up power and ground. The peice is about $40... That is want i did

The guys at Best Buy said the ipod interface would not work, but like I said they were about as helpful as a box of donuts.

Like I said I have no idea what I am doing so please bear with me. Is there any way you can show me what you purchased on the best buy website. Does it connect to the unit under my backseat, if so I am not sure if there are any open port areas....

Thank you and sorry for my lack of knowledge