AVIC411.com

Navigation screen on AVIC-Z2 seems jumpy.

Hello all, i'm new to in dash navigation systems and just got my AVIC-Z2 professionally installed yesterday. My buddy has a Tom Tom gps, not in dash tho.. His navigation screen looks better than mine, but more importantly his screen seems very steady as you are moving/driving while mine seems pretty jumpy or jittery. My antenna was unstalled under the dash at the very top part of the dash. Is this relatively jumpy looking screen a normal characteristic of the AVIC Z2? Or might my unit be defective??

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Bob

Hello all, i'm new to in dash navigation systems and just got my AVIC-Z2 professionally installed yesterday. My buddy has a Tom Tom gps, not in dash tho.. His navigation screen looks better than mine, but more importantly his screen seems very steady as you are moving/driving while mine seems pretty jumpy or jittery. My antenna was unstalled under the dash at the very top part of the dash. Is this relatively jumpy looking screen a normal characteristic of the AVIC Z2? Or might my unit be defective??

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Bob

Caused by not hooking up the speed sensor wire...

Thanks 03Aviator. I know you had to stop blowing spit bubbles long enough to rush to your computer to add that absolutely genius reply, and I really appreciate it. Now you can go back to blowing spit bubbles.

To the others that responded - thank you for the helpful information. I'll follow up on your suggestions.

Bob

I believe this is caused by the installer not properly hooking up your VSS wire.

does your vehicle dynamics displays work?

Does your vehicle dynamics only work with VSS? I had my Z2 installed last week and the "Speed Pulse" in the connectivity screen is always at zero, but the Vehicle Dynamics screen seems to work fine. I set an appointment with the install shop to fix it next week.