AVIC411.com

new D3 new phone and no phone book

I was having trouble transferring the phonebook on my Verizon phone as well, finally figured it out though. I have a Samsung U740. What I did was hit the transfer phonebook thing on the AVIC, then went into my phone book and selected the send phonecard thinger, it selected the number that I had been on but then I was able to select all, then when I hit "done" it gave me an option to send to bluetooth.

When I tried to do this I basically had to pair the phone with the bluetooth again, which I thought was weird since I already had my phone paired, and registered with the AVIC. But after it did this second pairing it sent my entire phonebook. Works fine now.

I'm having similar problems with my Blackberry 7100i - from Nextel/Sprint.

The phone autoconnects... but then then if I go to "Phonebook Transfer" in the D3, it just disconnects from my phone. And then I have to manually reconnect the two through "direct connection."

It's so strange because I know my phonebook transfers... in my wife's BMW it does it automatically without me having to do anything (just like the original poster).

Any idea if the SIM card idea works with using another phone? I could try that.

The phone autoconnects... but then then if I go to "Phonebook Transfer" in the D3, it just disconnects from my phone. And then I have to manually reconnect the two through "direct connection."

I am assuming your phone is registered with the BTB because it autoconnects.

Without getting too detailed here.....It's supposed to do that. That's when you do your transfer.

So give it another try, when it "disconnects" transfer contacts however the BB transfers.