AVIC411.com

Ipod video on a Z2

I have a new Z2 and a brand new Ipod 80gb classic. I also bought the cd-100 interface for the ipod my music works just fine but I am not able to view any Video I went in and turn on the video out put in the ipod and tryed to connect via the ipod interface and nothing video even in the menus of the z2.

Next I bought a A/V output cable for Ipod that uses the headphone output of the ipod and connected it into the av input of my z2 the sound comes through but no video.

Any help would be very helpful I checked the ipod forum and found so info on the d3 nut nothing really on the Z2.

Some cables are wired wrong. Got to your tv and plug on of the rca jacks at a time into the video in and when you find the right one do the same thing with the audio. My cable one of the audio connections was actually the video plug. Also you have to enable TV output in the options on the video ipod.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have a new Z2 and a brand new Ipod 80gb classic. I also bought the cd-100 interface for the ipod my music works just fine but I am not able to view any Video I went in and turn on the video out put in the ipod and tryed to connect via the ipod interface and nothing video even in the menus of the z2.

Next I bought a A/V output cable for Ipod that uses the headphone output of the ipod and connected it into the av input of my z2 the sound comes through but no video.

Any help would be very helpful I checked the ipod forum and found so info on the d3 nut nothing really on the Z2.

You need the AV cable that plugs into the bottom of the I-Pod from Apple (not the headphone jack) there is two availible one is a component cable and one is a AV cable. You need the AV cable the component will not work here. Use the Aux AV input on the z2 and you are good to go.... You will have to switch back and forth to use the I-pod library onthe Z-2. I do it this way with my Iphone. works good

You need the AV cable that plugs into the bottom of the I-Pod from Apple (not the headphone jack) there is two availible one is a component cable and one is a AV cable. You need the AV cable the component will not work here. Use the Aux AV input on the z2 and you are good to go.... You will have to switch back and forth to use the I-pod library onthe Z-2. I do it this way with my Iphone. works good

Do you have a picture or link for this cable? I just got a iphone and want to be able to play videos and music on my z1

Does that cable charge the iphone? Have you tried using this cable?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 2300210956

Is there a difference between connecting it through the headphone jack or the ipod connector on the bottom? sound quality?