AVIC411.com

Somebody should make a bluetooth sticky topic like the bypas

Take a deep breath. You don't need to answer every question that comes along. You do a great job answering questions and most of us appreciate it. However, if people know they'll get the answer from you in 5 minutes where's the incentive to search the forum to see if it's already been answered or (requiring even more effort) RTFM. Other people whom you've helped before can also step up and give the answer.

I understand that and I see where you're coming from. But it kinda irks me to log in and see like 5 or 6 topics asking the same exact question, just about a different phone. Not that it's something that I could help any of them with, I've never seen or used the bluetooth module myself. All I really know about it is how it hooks up to the D3... everything after that is a mystery to me.

I completely agree with HiFi. There should be a sticky. Something along the lines of: Here is how you pair. Here is how you register your phone. Here is how you transfer contacts. This can be done and this can't be done. Problems? Now ask a question.

I know I am relatively new to the forum but I do have the BTB-200 and I went through alot to get my phone hooked up and almost feel like a vet with this thing and have helped a couple people out here and there. If there were a sticky that dealt with the BTB issues right up front with a how to or expected issues kinda thing people could see that first and try all suggestions. The manual is not clear and flat out wrong in a couple places.

The main topics I think that could be cleared right away would be:

Service Provider Crippling phone.

i.e. Is it my phone, the BTB or the Service Provider?

Software version vs bluetooth version

Profiles required (which is becoming increasingly moot)

Clear up the BTB DISCONNECTED WTF!! issue.

Voice dial prompts

Phone's ring tone not playing over speaker.

There are other regular questions but those are the heavy hitters I can think of.

How do we get a sticky and who writes it?