AVIC411.com

Features and Fixes for Z3

• [*:3438gjd3]Ability to disable "Continue on" notifications.
    Seriously, every time I pass an exit with an exit only lane I hear 'bong' "Continue on..." and even with the sound off (which defeats the purpose of voice guidance) the close up display takes over the screen. Not to mention it makes the "distance till next turn" flag completely useless. And while I'm at it, how 'bout:
    [*:3438gjd3]Ability to dismiss the "Close Up View" when you're approaching a turn.
    [*:3438gjd3]Vicinity search EN ROUTE.
    Good god, why isn't this here yet? When I'm driving to Tahoe and do a vicinity search for Jack in the box, why the heck would I want directions to the 10 Jack's I already passed??! I want to see which ones are coming up so we can plan when to stop.
    [*:3438gjd3]Better equalizer.
    Either Pioneer was trying to make it easy for the n00bz, or the chip on board isn't avanced enough, but I think a 12 (or however many) band equalizer with only three control points is LAME. Give me an advanced mode, where I can con control each band manually.
    [*:3438gjd3]Skins would be nice.
    [*:3438gjd3]full-screen 3d has already been mentioned
    [*:3438gjd3]And of course, faster iPod control
    [*:3438gjd3]Oh, and speaking of iPod, being able to jump to a point in the song by touching the on-screen shuttle would be nice.

Edit: On a side note,

2) Separate Dimmer memory for when headlights are running during daytime=I use my foglights during the day, and the Z2 gets too dim when I turn my headlights on during the day for this.
I do this too, and you're right. Inverting the colors via Menu -> Map -> Day/Night display helps, but being able to "un-dim" the backlight would be much better.

I agree with every single one of your points. Bravo!

The only thing I would add is a dire need for improvement on the AV artist/song title screen. Specifically on the iPod. The order of Album, Artist and Song is the most ass-backwards thing I've ever seen. Am I the only person on earth that thinks the Artist should be at the top, and the song title should be underneath it? The album should be smaller and easily distinguishable from the other two.

Dave

• 2 years later...