AVIC411.com

Features and Fixes for Z3

I'm sure everyone has some gripes about their Z2. Here are some things that I would like to see on the Z3.

BTW, its not too far fetched requests either IMO.

1) Speed sensitive volume controls= simple firmware update

2) Separate Dimmer memory for when headlights are running during daytime=I use my foglights during the day, and the Z2 gets too dim when I turn my headlights on during the day for this.

3) Scrolling music titles= simple firmware update I'm sure :roll:

4) 3D Buildings in city maps= something teleatlas has to do?

AVIC-ZH25MD.jpg

jn050526-4-1.jpg

5) Full screen 3D map instead of twin map view mode.

6)

7)

8)......

Feel free to add to the list, maybe we can send this off to pioneer?

:lol:

I'd be happy if they just get those things right that were already advertised in the Z1.

Here's my list of my priorities:

1) Better, -much better, routing.

2) Voice control that actually works, and can be activated by voice instead of by pressing an icon so not to take eyes off the road.

3) Better contrast in maps. Thicker lines for small roads.

4) More detail in maps that are zoomed out more than 2 miles.

5) More Street names showing when there is room for them.

6) Street names showing for approaching cross-roads.

• [*:rd3p30ef]Ability to disable "Continue on" notifications.
    Seriously, every time I pass an exit with an exit only lane I hear 'bong' "Continue on..." and even with the sound off (which defeats the purpose of voice guidance) the close up display takes over the screen. Not to mention it makes the "distance till next turn" flag completely useless. And while I'm at it, how 'bout:
    [*:rd3p30ef]Ability to dismiss the "Close Up View" when you're approaching a turn.
    [*:rd3p30ef]Vicinity search EN ROUTE.
    Good god, why isn't this here yet? When I'm driving to Tahoe and do a vicinity search for Jack in the box, why the heck would I want directions to the 10 Jack's I already passed??! I want to see which ones are coming up so we can plan when to stop.
    [*:rd3p30ef]Better equalizer.
    Either Pioneer was trying to make it easy for the n00bz, or the chip on board isn't avanced enough, but I think a 12 (or however many) band equalizer with only three control points is LAME. Give me an advanced mode, where I can con control each band manually.
    [*:rd3p30ef]Skins would be nice.
    [*:rd3p30ef]full-screen 3d has already been mentioned
    [*:rd3p30ef]And of course, faster iPod control
    [*:rd3p30ef]Oh, and speaking of iPod, being able to jump to a point in the song by touching the on-screen shuttle would be nice.

Edit: On a side note,

2) Separate Dimmer memory for when headlights are running during daytime=I use my foglights during the day, and the Z2 gets too dim when I turn my headlights on during the day for this.
I do this too, and you're right. Inverting the colors via Menu -> Map -> Day/Night display helps, but being able to "un-dim" the backlight would be much better.

[*]Vicinity search EN ROUTE.

Good god, why isn't this here yet? When I'm driving to Tahoe and do a vicinity search for Jack in the box, why the heck would I want directions to the 10 Jack's I already passed??! I want to see which ones are coming up so we can plan when to stop.

OMG. I completely agree with you. My 20 year pre-navigation calculator thing did this. Just give me the results that are ahead and on my route.

-mk

I like some of these suggestions, but on others I'm just scratching my head. First, 3d buildings? Um...I like to look through my windshield and see real buildings. Not saying that it shouldn't or should be added, I just personally don't see the point of having a 3d representation of something that is right in front of me.

And about having the voice command just beep at you instead of "Please say voice command." It will just beep at you if you push the speaker icon on the screen that mutes the voice directions. Then it will just beep at you when it is ready for you to say the command. Of course, the down side is that now it won't give you voice dirrections! Either or for now I guess.

-Touch Screen DVD Menu's, No need for the remote juste press play (this feature is available on cheaper models like panasonics. features.

That feature's already built in. Tap the screen during playback to bring up the menu. Play is there. There's also a d-pad icon on the first screen to navigate menus.

-DVD MP3 compatibility, again cheaper companies already have these

OMG, I COMPLETELY agree. iPod is great and all, but sometimes it's nice to have a compilation you can share / not worry about leaving in the car.

1) how about a Sirius or XM screen worth a sh*t?

you can't even display the artist and song name at the same time.. WTF

My old Sirius (S50) had a 2.5 inch screen or something and worked a billion times better than the Z2 - you'd think with a 7 inch screen they could put stuff you wanted to see on it instead of using half the thing for banners and the other half for useless buttons.

2)And make it so you can save songs from the sirius or XM

The S50 - stiletto 10 or 100 let you do it. why not the z2?

3)and don't forget about the Sirius traffic

Having to buy the Xm receiver when i already have the Sirius just for the NAVTraffic is f*cking stupid. - not to mention the 3 antennas on the back of my car

I like how the voice command prompts you after initial point,

But I think the first voice command you hear is pointless.

Things like "please say city name" or "please say street name" is fine

but I think they can take out the first one you hear when you press the voice command button "Please say voice command" Seems less intuitive to me.