AVIC411.com

Charge Zune w/USB on N4?

The newest Zune docks come with a USB cable permanently fixed to them as well as the 3 RCA A/V outputs. I was thinking of using the new dock in my car and running the dock USB to the N4 and the A/V RCA's to the A/V input on the brain unit. Has anyone tried this yet? Will the USB connection charge the Zune while the A/V input is selected or do you have to select the USB input to charge it?

occb2, thanks for the response. The dock isn't actually for the N4 but I'm trying to make it work correctly.

I know that if I run the A/V cables from the Zune dock to the N4 brain box I can get both music and video to display on the N4. What I don't know is IF I could get both music AND video (basically what's seen on the Zune screen) to display on the N4 by using the USB connection only. Of course, with this connection I'd also be getting it's battery charged.

My question is, if I use the A/V input on the N4 to display the Zune's music/video will the USB connection still charge the Zune if connected but with the A/V input selected (not the USB input selected)???? I'm assuming I will have to choose one of either input at one time on the N4.

I don't really know about the Zune. What I do know, is if the Zune is read as a hard drive when in USB mode like the Archos, then when you hook it up to the N4 brain with the usb module then it will read the songs and videos on your screen and you will be able to play them. The cheapest way is to just get a small USB hard drive, fill it with music. No need to have it be the Zune. Let me know if you get it working.

Rob