AVIC411.com

Back up camera in motion?

• 3 weeks later...

you can tap onto the reverse input wire of the avic with whatever signal your reverse lights give off (-/+) with a switch then use diodes to separate them so that when you flip your switch to use while in motion, your car wont turn on its reverse lights. only the avic thinks its in reverse

you can tap onto the reverse input wire of the avic with whatever signal your reverse lights give off (-/+) with a switch then use diodes to separate them so that when you flip your switch to use while in motion, your car wont turn on its reverse lights. only the avic thinks its in reverse

Can you post a diagram or link showing the diodes on the line, and what kind of diode(radio shack product no?)

couldn't you also just use an RCA splitter to route the video signal to both the Rear-cam input AND the A/V input? Only problem I see with that is you can only "enjoy" one source at a time, and if you're watching your backup cam, it's going to be a pretty quiet ride. ... Unless you hook your iPod's line out to the L & R audio RCA ports on the A/V input also... Hum.

• 3 weeks later...
couldn't you also just use an RCA splitter to route the video signal to both the Rear-cam input AND the A/V input? Only problem I see with that is you can only "enjoy" one source at a time, and if you're watching your backup cam, it's going to be a pretty quiet ride. ... Unless you hook your iPod's line out to the L & R audio RCA ports on the A/V input also... Hum.

Exactly what I did.