AVIC411.com

Removed faceplate, buttons don't work

On my z2 I removed the faceplate and painted it to match my dash and din kit. Looks great but now none of the function buttons work or even light up. The buttons, circut board and backing plate were put back exactly as they came out. When the faceplate was reinstailled, the tab extending from the bottom of the circuit board was reincertained in the slot just below the glass panel.

Unit powers up fine and on screen buttons for fine. Already tried the reset button but it doesnt work either. Any suggestions?

try redoing it i relocated the face of the z1 in a tsx and had a custom cable made for it but i had to plug in the ribbon cable 3 times til it made a good connection

Is there any special trick to plugging in the ribbon cable? I tried it about 7-8 times with no luck so far.

Did you have to reset anything after?

i had that problem with my old n1.. I opened it up to do the solder bypass and when i put it back together it wouldn't work. it would flash for a second and then nothing. when i opened it back up i noticed that one of the ribbons for the screen came loose. after that, everything worked great. :) you just have to be very careful to make sure the ribbons dont move when u are putting it back together. now i have upgraded to the z2 :) love it