AVIC411.com

rear view camera problem help!!!!

my rear view camera was working fine when i went in reverse. however, now it doesnt work. i dont know why. i just installed fog lights onto my car but i didnt have to move any existing wires so i dont see how i could have messed it up. i know the camera work because when i go to v. adjust i can see the camera working. it just doesnt work in reverse. also, when installing the fog lights i was nowhere near the center console, thats where the gears are; not sure if that makes a difference. help please!!!

It might be the weather. I have been having trouble with mine. Mine is just black with the old tv line that move up. After my truck is warm and it warms up a little outside, it seams to work. I am using an audiovox licence plate frame camera. Got it at Best buy for 130 bucks. It works good, and it has a feature that always you to flip the image so it right. Pioneer did some stuff to the units that flip the image if you don't buy the pioneer camera. Let me know if it might just be the weather. I am just guessing about mine from experience. Work fine during the day, a little trouble when it gets dark.

yes you can tap into the tailight for your power and ground. The camera will only work and will get power when you back up though. Use the back up light hook up for power. you can ground by using the backup lights ground. It is the same idea as hooking up extra backup lights. I have done this and I have a backup camera for my truck.

I have a D3 and a Boyo camera. Now that the weather has gotten cold (in the 30's at times), the camera doesn't come on upon shifting into R after first starting the car for the day. Once it warms up in the car, then it works when shifting to R. The camera does work when I go to menu and rearview. Only does this when it is cold.