AVIC411.com

Anyone done bypass wrong

I am stuck on the bypass. I have check and re checked everything. I have moved mute wire and grounded, grounded e brake wire. Grounded ground wire. I can not get the thing to work. I have audio but no video. I can get the DVD controls to come up and they work. Just no video. I am not getting a warring light coming up saying that e brake is not hooked up correctly. I drive a 2006 Chevy Silverado. I have a backup camera hooked up as well. So has anyone had the audio but no video problem? If so, how did you fix it? I need to know if I have a bad unit, if so I need to talk to Pioneer about using my warranty. My unit was made in Aug. 2007. Please someone, give me a simple answer. I have put in about 15 cd playler, Intalled subs, disc changers. I am not great, but I have experience doing installs and I am stuck.

I am stuck on the bypass. I have check and re checked everything. I have moved mute wire and grounded, grounded e brake wire. Grounded ground wire. I can not get the thing to work. I have audio but no video. I can get the DVD controls to come up and they work. Just no video. I am not getting a warring light coming up saying that e brake is not hooked up correctly. I drive a 2006 Chevy Silverado. I have a backup camera hooked up as well. So has anyone had the audio but no video problem? If so, how did you fix it? I need to know if I have a bad unit, if so I need to talk to Pioneer about using my warranty. My unit was made in Aug. 2007. Please someone, give me a simple answer. I have put in about 15 cd playler, Intalled subs, disc changers. I am not great, but I have experience doing installs and I am stuck.

Many have gone wrong in the bypass. You will get no help from Pioneer in bypassing the safety...

Use the search pull down and start plugging away!

1. Make sure the mute wire is seated correctly. It goes in a certain way and clicks in place so you can't just tug it out.

2. Make sure your ground wire is actually grounded.

3. Make sure the green parking brake wire and mute wire are connected to the ground wire well.

4. Make sure there are no exposed wires.