AVIC411.com

DMH-A4450BT bootloop problem

Hey guys, I installed this unit (DMH-A4450BT) in my car less than a year ago and I have noticed that whenever I use the stereo when the car is in battery/accessory mode for too long, and then if I proceed to start the engine the unit will restart and then go into a bootloop.

However,if I don't use it in accessory mode for too long and I directly start the engine the unit never has problems, what could cause this?

My unit has a pinhole reset button so I keep a pen in my car to reset the unit whenever this happens but I have to set all my steering controls again! But doing this makes the problem go away so I can use the system in accessory mode again without worrying for a few days.

This is really annoying because sometimes I'll be sitting in my car and I have to listen to music without the engine running but I fear that the system will go into a bootloop and I have to go through the hassle of resetting again.

One more thing I observed is that even if I do let the unit run for sometime in accessory mode, but if I turn off the car completely and come back later to turn the engine on the bootloop doesn't happen, almost like the unit resets itself on its own if I leave it alone for some time. 

Can someone please give me some insight on what this problem could be? Is it a problem with the motherboard or a faulty SD card like how the other pioneer units have? Or maybe a wiring issue?

I had a similar problem = rebooting when listening to radio after restarting the car. I had a different model radio (Z110-BT). The problem went away when I replaced the car's battery. So it is possible you battery is starting to fail even though it can start the car. How old is the battery?

On 1/19/2024 at 4:39 AM, RonS said:

I had a similar problem = rebooting when listening to radio after restarting the car. I had a different model radio (Z110-BT). The problem went away when I replaced the car's battery. So it is possible you battery is starting to fail even though it can start the car. How old is the battery?

Hey! I replaced the battery a year ago just before getting the stereo installed, I don't think its an issue with the battery.

I noticed that the radio doesn't always reboot when I start the engine, sometimes it goes through just fine without rebooting.

18 hours ago, asd255 said:

your problem is with the radio power supply
when the engine starts, the voltage drops to a minimum level and the radio reboots

can be solved by installing an additional condenser.

e9a714ds-960.jpg

25aecdfa59c51d8005bf77746e0ee062.jpeg

Is this a car specific thing? I don't really understand what any of this means so I will probably have to ask a shop to do this for me but thank you!