AVIC411.com

Important Cables

D3 Question(s). Im sure this has been asked a bunch of times, however i have been finding nothing using the old fashioned search. Do i really need to connect the reverse and speed wires to the computer in my car? i dont know where they go in relation to the computer. will the d3 still work?.

Sorry for extreme n00bism but where does the bypassed mute wire connect to? i have no devices that need to be muted, but do i have to ground that one (yellow black) just like i did the parking (green) wire? thanks.

The D3 doesn't use reverse or speed wires to lock out functionality while the car is in motion--so it has nothing to do with the bypass at all. In fact, it only uses the parking brake wire, which can be grounded if the other modification is made to the pin on the RCA harness.

You SHOULD definitely hook up both the reverse and speed wires. Without the speed wire in particular, the D3 is unable to accurately determine your position. It will work without them, but not as well.