AVIC411.com

Rear Monitor Output Issue

I just installed a rear monitor (NESA NVM-7006) in my vehicle and got a male-to-male video adapter. I then hooked it up to the AVIC-D3 Rear Monitor Output cable. The problem now is the NESA is just showing a blue screen like no video supplied. I tried moving the video output between the NESA's video 1 / video 2 cables (switching the mode correspondingly). I am still not getting any picture. Is there anything I need to do on the AVIC-D3 to enable the rear monitor output?

Yes you need to turn on the input that you want to use. I think it is under system on the AV menu. Don't hold me to it. I don't have it memorizied. You do need to turn on the av input

This is an output from the AVIC-D3. I saw the input enable/disable options but nothing for the output enable/disable.

I believe it does have a source selection, in a way. It only displays the source being used by the D3. From what I've heard, the only video source the D3 will output to the rear screen is Video from the main DVD drive. I have heard conflicting info about the D3 passing video from the AV inputs and/or ipod input through to the rear video output, though. But if the D3 is currently using a source with no video (Radio, XM, Audio CD/DVD, etc.) there's no video source to send to the rear output. So that might explain the blue screen.

Try doing a search for info on the rear video output and see if there's any other info about it on here.

The d3 will only use it's own pioneer dvd changer, main dvd drive, or ipod connection to show on rear screen. i had the same problem when using an external dvd player. You have two options to fix this. 1.Use either a Y splitter for your video or video amp with multiple outs. 2. Buy a rear screen with built in dvd and use the output to provide video input to the D3. I lucked up and got my pioneer six disc dvd chenger for $250 brand new because of an advertisement mistake at Nebraska Furniture Mart. They are normally $600 +

• 2 weeks later...
I believe it does have a source selection, in a way. It only displays the source being used by the D3. From what I've heard, the only video source the D3 will output to the rear screen is Video from the main DVD drive. I have heard conflicting info about the D3 passing video from the AV inputs and/or ipod input through to the rear video output, though. But if the D3 is currently using a source with no video (Radio, XM, Audio CD/DVD, etc.) there's no video source to send to the rear output. So that might explain the blue screen.

Try doing a search for info on the rear video output and see if there's any other info about it on here.

This was the case. Ejected the Navigation DVD and put in Matrix. Came right up. I am a little disappointed I can't put the Navigation or other stuff on that screen.