AVIC411.com

No Sound from Left Channel When Below Freezing

I noticed that since the temps dropped below freezing, that when I start up my truck in the morning, I get no sound from the Left channel. If I crank up the volume a little, the speakers then come on and continue to work without a problem. I'm running my speakers off the HU. Is there a problem with my HU?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I am having a similar issue and am hoping someone has an idea why.

From time to time my front left and front right speakers stop working. They do not stop at the same time, nor is there a pattern to when they stop (EDIT: Regardless of the title of this thread, i have not noticed a relation to the temperature, but I will try to see if it is related in the coming days). However if i increase the volume, which ever speaker is not working springs back to life and all is fine for maybe a week, maybe more, maybe less.

Any ideas on what could cause the speakers to stop working, and then start by increasing the volume quite a bit, to maybe around 30 or more? could it be HU? Speakers? wiring?

Thanks for any help in advance? :)

• 1 month later...

I too am having the same problem...with two different units. An Avic Z3 with only the left front channel having this problem. I have replace the speakers (used to be Infinity components and changed them to Alpine components). Also swapped out the Eclipse 5 Channel AMP and that still didn't fix the problem. The Avic Z2 in the other car is also having the exact same problem...what are the chances of that!! sheesh. Has anyone else ever had this problem before?

i have the same problem with the front passenger speaker coming on and off if i go over bumps sometimes or make a sharp right turn. the speaker will just cut out, but if i turn up the volume up and up it will come back on. winter time/cold is worse with speaker turning on and off. no idea. everything is securely connected. it might be the HU harness