AVIC411.com

Misinformed about a Z2

I've always been interested in picking up a z2 and was down at a local big box electronics store (Futureshop) the other week. When I was approached by a salesman I asked a few questions about the z2, one particular answer threw me off though when I checked the Pioneer's website after getting home. On Pioneer's website it says the z2 doesn't play mp3's off of DVDr the salesman told me that it does.

I'm thinking he was just trying to make a sale and get his commission but does the z2 play mp3's of a DVDr? I need to know because this is a buy or not buy decision for me because it's an important feature to me.

Also, I've considered the d3 but I also find it a hassle about the dvd based navi.

I just burn .mp3 files to a CD-R as data files, using the folder structure from my "My Music" folder. My Z2 plays them without any difficulty -- whether I burn them from a jukebox program (iTunes, Yahoo!Music, etc.), or Windows.

It won't rip .mp3's to the hard drive -- but it should play them just fine off of a CD-R.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Ahh, I guess I'm going to be shopping for a d3 then because playing mp3's off of a dvdr is more important to me over the hassle of dvd based navi.

I think the idea is, why would you want/need an MP3 DVD if you can just hook up your iPod. ... assuming you have an iPod... The interface sucks, but is no worse than mounting an MP3DVD as one giant playlist.

Anyway, that's my devil's advocate response. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't mind if the Z1/Z2 could read MP3 DVD's either ;)