AVIC411.com

Vehicle Dynamics display guestion?

Guest aj

Is there a way to set up the Vehicle Dynamics so that it draws data from GPS? I ask because as I am getting ready to run 37's on my Excursion and I know the factory system might not allow me to get a proper speed reading with tires that tall.

~WW
[quote name="WetWork999"]Is there a way to set up the Vehicle Dynamics so that it draws data from GPS? I ask because as I am getting ready to run 37's on my Excursion and I know the factory system might not allow me to get a proper speed reading with tires that tall.

~WW[/quote]

No, speed is picked up from the VSS and nav is done by both the VSS and sat for accuracy. When you get your 37's you have 2 options to correct the calibration of you rear... Either go to [url=http://www.hypertech.com">www.hypertech.com and get an HPP to reprogram your ECM (about 250 bux, can actually be purchased at
    rlith, I have an Edge Platinum already in the truck but I have since taken in out as several friends are having some serious issues with it along with the Banks 6-Gun products and I would like to keep my turbo and motor functioning.

Thanks for the heads up.

~WW
    [quote name="WetWork999"]Is there a way to set up the Vehicle Dynamics so that it draws data from GPS? I ask because as I am getting ready to run 37's on my Excursion and I know the factory system might not allow me to get a proper speed reading with tires that tall.

~WW[/quote]

I don't think you will need to worry. The Z1 is set to learn how fast the speed pulse is no matter what car you put it in. If you have already installed the Z1 with small tires, the Z1 learns how many speed pulses per MPH you have. There is a speed pulse and gyro calibration screen which shows how long it's learned.

I would think that if you changed the size of your tires you would need to reset it or live with the unaccurate VSS vs. GPS till it's new learning "takes over".

When you reset the unit (with the little pen on the bottom left hold in the from panel of the Z1) it resets the calibration. If you did this when you put on your large tires, I think that no mater what the pulse/MPG was it will learn how many pulses/mph and it will just automatically adjust.

So long story short, if you hook up the VSS and you change your tire size, reset the unit. I think it will automatically adjust for what ever your VSS and speed works out to be.
    [quote name="WetWork999"]rlith, I have an Edge Platinum already in the truck but I have since taken in out as several friends are having some serious issues with it along with the Banks 6-Gun products and I would like to keep my turbo and motor functioning.

Thanks for the heads up.

~WW[/quote]

Neither of the options above should effect your turbo as long as just the tire size is done.
    [quote name="rlith"]It should be specified if it says 0 while moving. It WILL say 0 when you are stopped regardless if the VSS is hooked up correctly or not.[/quote]

Sorry, I was rushing my previous post.
    I was refering to the total speed pusle counter.
    [quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="WetWork999"]Is there a way to set up the Vehicle Dynamics so that it draws data from GPS? I ask because as I am getting ready to run 37's on my Excursion and I know the factory system might not allow me to get a proper speed reading with tires that tall.

~WW[/quote]

I don't think you will need to worry. The Z1 is set to learn how fast the speed pulse is no matter what car you put it in. If you have already installed the Z1 with small tires, the Z1 learns how many speed pulses per MPH you have. There is a speed pulse and gyro calibration screen which shows how long it's learned.

I would think that if you changed the size of your tires you would need to reset it or live with the unaccurate VSS vs. GPS till it's new learning "takes over".

When you reset the unit (with the little pen on the bottom left hold in the from panel of the Z1) it resets the calibration. If you did this when you put on your large tires, I think that no mater what the pulse/MPG was it will learn how many pulses/mph and it will just automatically adjust.

So long story short, if you hook up the VSS and you change your tire size, reset the unit. I think it will automatically adjust for what ever your VSS and speed works out to be.[/quote]

You should be able to reset just the VSS data under "3d calibration."