AVIC411.com

Security - NONE !

[quote name="chunet"]Saw this on Ebay thought it looked cool but they dont ship to the US
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR-CD-PLAYER-WX-C570R-SECURITY-COVER_W0QQitemZ180009285689QQihZ008QQcategoryZ39763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-DOUBLE-DIN-CAR ... dZViewItem[/url]

Im going to see about creating some molds and trying to make some custom covers. I'll post pics once I get something together.[/quote]

Send that seller an email! I think he will sell here in the states. He says the shipping quote is good only in the UK, but it says he will ship worldwide. I'm betting you could get one from him.
All of this has been a major concern of mine since the beginning. I can not truelly understand how something like this was not thought of by pioneer or micorsoft. I mean, I have one of the original, and I mean original MS PPC (Jornado-which I still abuse to this day) which back then, about 4 years ago has a 4 digit password security system to keep people out. And anything you think of these days has one, WiFi, cell phones, PDA's, laptops, etc. So with this day and age how can they miss this. I mean honestly, which such an advance of this AVIC unit, i would expect more than just a pin code security system. I would expect finger print recognition or retinal eye scan, ok the retina scan might be too much, but not the finger print. Newer laptops are coming out with it, and you can even purchase a peripheral for this.

This should be the number one priority by Pioneer or MS and should definitly not wait until the first true firmware upgrade to come around which is about 10-12 months after the product has been on the market.

I do not know about anyone else, but I got an email from Pioneer reveiwing the AVIC and filling out a short survey. At the bottom, there was a text box for additional comments, and I listed the same opinion there. Lets see what happens.
We would all do well to not only let our opinions be known here, but to also write to Pioneer. I mean actually write an old fashioned letter on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. :D I find big corporations care more about those who take the time to write an old fashioned letter. I guess they figure that person is the type who could cause trouble and would not hesitate to get a campaign started against the company. It is waaaaay too easy to send an E-mail on a web page. So, those letters are not taken as seriously (in my humble opinion) as the ones that are snail-mailed.