AVIC411.com

NEW 3D icons on AVIC-Z2 and how you can add some on your own

The new icons that I noticed are a baseball field 3D, golf field 3D and at the airport a 3D airplane but other than that nothing special. I don’t see anything what pioneer had showed on the photo in their web site. I don’t see any higher grounds or anything that would show 3D or different colors between buildings.

Here I will show you some changes on AVIC-Z2 new maps. First I made some changes to DAY and NIGHT horizon image. To the DAY horizon image I added the sun and to the night one I added the moon. Look at the photos below and let me know what do you think.

To do this you have to go to this location SDATA/SKY/GZ/NM

And copy this 2 bitmap images without changing the names to a safe place like my documents or desktop. Both images look one straight image but when you see it on action the image moves with the map. To add and image or icon (whatever you want) try to put it on the right corner to get west..what I mean is that if you put the image or whatever in the right corner the sun (in my case) stays only west.

Yesterday I found the location for the warning message when you open the rear camera but today I was looking again and I think I lost it. The file was a .DAT file and I open it with notepad and the message was there.

23012008071.jpg

23012008069.jpg

22012008067.jpg

22012008064.jpg

22012008062.jpg

22012008060.jpg

22012008058.jpg

Really?

I'm not much on the sun...but the moon looks cool as hell...

The moon looks closer when you are zoomed out, than when you're zoomed in...

Are they only there when you zoom out that far?

Also...are you saying that you can get rid of the nag screen that pops up with the Nav screens? And that the nag image resides in the SDATA/SKY/GZ/NM directory? In other words, you don't have to press the "OK" button when viewing the nav screens?

Can you post the sun and moon image/file?

Wow I don't think I ever noticed the sun or moon on my Z2.I almost want to pull it out of the box & power it up just to check these out.

Thanks for the pics.

joe r

undoubtably, he has put them there....by means of unlocking the HDD...They could even be photo-shopped for all we know....but time will tell, and it looks legit...hopefully he'll post some more details..

I didn't realize he had hacked into his HDD & installed these.

I thought that these were there & just pop up in 3d mode when your in a bigger city.My Z2 would only go into 3d map mode in Seattle or Tacoma.

I live in Wenatchee.it doesn't do it here.

Sorry that I am not as smart as some of you posters & sorry about the high jack of the post.

joe r

So this is really just for editing the horizon images?

I mostly opened this topic for new 3D icons on Z2..and on the way I showed my changes that I made.

I am just curious of how many new 3D icons are out there on Z2.

Avic Z2 has the same code as windows. I am not to familiar with cracking the code but some guys in here can even change the color of the menu and different buttons on Z2 or Z1.

About the DAY and NIGHT horizon images I will post the original and made ones here. After that it is very easy to add something on it. You need to have an unlocked drive to do this.