AVIC411.com

VSS WIRE HELP!!!

• 1 month later...

Pioneer Nav,s dont REQUIRE Vss. the unit will work without it, it will just take longer to initialize it. (on calibration screen it will say "hybrid" for a longer period of time).

I have checked audiovox and Directed sites, as well as osme inside sites I have at work, and none of them show Vss wires for most of the Benz's.

Try calling the dealer, and asking them. youd be suprised what some of them will tell you.

As far as actually finding it, here is SOME help.

It is USUALLY at the the cruise control module on almost every vehicle, so if you can find the cruise mod, you can test the wires for AC pulsing. (it will pulse faster than your meter will show, so watch the bar at the bottom of your meter screen to jump left/right rapidily, NOT the actual numbers.. the nubmers change faster than a meter can display them).

MOST german vehicles, all Ferrari, and many Lambos the VSS wire is in the factory radio harness, as it is used for speed controled volume, and/or nav on factory. so you MAY be able to find it there, Any way you look at it, you will have to test it so you don't fry modules in the car.

Good Luck

Wolfz23

• 2 weeks later...
Don't install it without the vss.

edit: and why are we bumping old threads today... :o

I have the exact same car. The problem is the VSS is digital. Someone makes an adapter for it, but it's not worth the money.

I've had mine installed for a year without VSS attached and it works fine.

sorry I hate to bump old threads in forums but this hit home. I am going to install my z2 tomorrow and was wondering if I should or could still connect the vss wire with my unit bypassed. Will the vss wire tell the z2 that I am moving and shut me down? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the Mercedes CLK55, but either way the bypass still works with the VSS wire connected.