AVIC411.com

brand new to site need help install a d3 in a 2005 tahoe

My girlfried bought me a d3 for christmas. I had been talking about buying a pioneer unit since the n1 came out. We got it from best buy with free install and when I took it there they swore up and down it can't be done. I searched the web and came across this site. So I know best buy is full of poop! My question is just this what wires do I need to one hook it up so I can keep my door chimes ,onstar and other features? Two is this the same harness that makes it possible to still use my steering wheel controls. I know I saw the answer on here somewhere the other night but can't find it now. Also is there a standered set of mounting brackets and trim for this to fit my tahoe or something i would be better of fabricating and is there anything else i need for this install. already have the sirius adapter. thanks again for such a great site. If it wasnt for this site I would have returned my awsome present and been pretty pissed about it.....tony

Go for the PAC brand of interfaces work much better and easer to install also connects directly to PAC steering wheel interface those metra adapters suck get a lot of interference with the sound and they turn the radio all the way off when you use onstar the PAC ones just mute the sound

With Bose no onstar C2R-GM24

With on star only OS-2

With onstar and Bose OS-2Bose

I want to thank you for the info so far. You know I was thinking of letting my onstar run out anyway I never use it. Is it woth it to get these cables if i am going to get rid of onstar and what else will i lose use of? anyone know the leease expensive place to get the parts I need?...................................................................thanks again tony

If the truck has the blose system you'll need an interface regardless of whether you're keeping the offstar. As for the quality of the metra interfaces, i've never had a problem with one. The pac gm interfaces on the other hand, i've had several. So for me it's metra all the way.