AVIC411.com

Quick question about Caller ID

btb 200, even when i have names in my phone book, when they call all i get is number and 'unknown' name.

I have SEARCHED but not found anything. I read one post on here saying that it cant show name??? is this true?

if so, what a bunch of crap, how can i tell who's calling...look at my phone? why did i buy a btb then?

Please assist me with understanding.

after I finally figured out how to get my phonebook names to transfer I put my most popular ones in there. When people call me it comes up with their name and number sometimes, and sometimes it shows the number but not the name. I usually use my phone to choose the name and call them, then talk through the bluetooth, but when I do that is says "no info" or something and doesnt show the name or number.

It might have something to do with the phone theyre using, or how strong the signal is. Im trying to figure it out too???

When you sent the contacts over from your phone, were they all in 10 digit form? XXX-XXX-XXXX?

Its a treo 750 ATT WM6 and I can only send ONE CONTACT AT A TIME which is lame, and I have both formats, 10 and 11 digit. I will look closer next time.

Im assuming it likes 10 digit?

On my D3 the name doesn't show up until about the 3rd ring. Are you answering sooner?

-Jim

Huh, I dont think I've waited that long. I'll try next time.

But wouldn't you think that if your contact is in the ROM of the D3 and it can disply the number that it SHOULD be able to display the name too...with no delay?

I tried Jetware and it worked! All contacts were moved over no prob a the same time. Also made the voice command between treo/d3 work!

Great little program, at least in this case.

IF I COULD ONLY FIND AN ANSWER TO WATCHING MOVIES ON MY IPOD WITHOUT UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING IN THE CABLE FOR EACH MOVIE IF BE A HAPPY GUY.

• 4 weeks later...

For the movie issue, you need to go into the "info" tab for each movie, and ensure the box for "skip during shuffle" is NOT checked. Also, you will need to put the movies into a playlist. This will allow you to use the Ipod to start a movie, then use the AVIC to skip through the movie or to the next movie when you choose.

I tried with the playlist suggestion for movies, but on the D3 is says 'unknown' playlist because Itunes makes it a music playlist by default.

I dont know if theres any way to be able to choose my movie via the D3 other than clicking the fast forward/skip track button on the D3, then I have to find the one I'm looking for 1 by 1.

any better way of doing this? Im tired of unplugging the ipod to begin a movie after the car's been off.