AVIC411.com

Does this happen to anyone else?

So this past Monday, I'm supposed to go snow boarding in Jersey. I get all my stuff packed, hop in my scion, and type in the address I got off of the resorts (moutain creek) website...

**Address not found**

I try the alternate address from the website

**Address not found**

OK, so maybe I'll try the POI search

**Three hits...none of them for mountain creek.**

So at this point I'm getting pissed, I'm the first to admit I have no sense of direction, and can't read a map, so if Deliliah isn't feeding me turn based instructions...I'm lost. So finally in a moment of desperation...I type in the phone number

*Bang "Mountain Creek"*

Not only does it have it, but the address it points me to is the same as the one I was searching for.

Now this wouldn't be so bad except on the way home we decide to go to Red Lobster. I type in the address.

**not found**

I do a POI search

**150 red lobsters, none in the town where we are (and know that there is a red lobster)**

I type in the phone number

**Bang, Red Lobster...at the address I just searched for**

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this just a really annoying bug I'm just now finding?

Don't have an N to compare to, but I find that my Z2 also gets tripped up easily. Namely by roads with multiple cardinal prefixes like El Camino, E. El Camino, S. El Camino, etc. When multiple are found, and I am given a list to choose from and often NONE of them have the address I'm searching for. BUT, if I search for the city first, then the street, it finds everything right away.

So, yes I guess. It's a little buggy.

That happened to me all the time with the 50 series NAV disk. Damm wanking thing wouldn't find anything I would enter in. However if entered in the the phone number it would find it instantly, which then would be the same freaking bloody exact address I just done the address search for.

I think it's a glitch in both the map and POI database. I had the right zone selected, when I did the address searches. I think that the phone # lookup database must be separate from the maps and POI database, because when the unit does finds the place by phone number only then will it recognize the address and allow you to select it as a destination and navigate you there.

I've had this problem happen alot in Central Florida.