AVIC411.com

I installed one of those $40 eBay lipstick cameras on my truck. I have a Z2.

My problem is that the camera will not show any picture on the rear-camer input (brown RCA plug on radio harness). It just shows a black screen. Occasionally, it will flicker a few lines, but no picture. It shows a perfect picture when plugged into the AUX input.

we had that problem with two units (Z2's), but then finally realized it couldn't be two bad units!!

long story short...........

i found the problem to be with the harness. check the wiring at the white plug that has the brown rca (camera input) the ground (shield) pin wasn't in all the way.

hope this helps....

• 4 months later...
we had that problem with two units (Z2's), but then finally realized it couldn't be two bad units!!

long story short...........

i found the problem to be with the harness. check the wiring at the white plug that has the brown rca (camera input) the ground (shield) pin wasn't in all the way.

hope this helps....

Same thing happend in 2 units?

I am having issues with the rear view as well. I have it also signal split to a rear view mirror and the image is perfect on there. I've switched out cables, check this and that, thinking it is still the harness from the unit itself. Any other suggestions besides sending it back for service?